16 September 2008

My New Favourite Quote

'Singing Mother' storyteller by Chris Teller

When Sara and I were on the phone the other night, she recounted how she made the decision to have another baby (our wee Jared). I loved the story and quote, so with her permission I'm telling it here (in her words):

'When I was trying to decide whether or not to have another child, I found this quote....

"Shared joy is double joy. Shared sorrow is half sorrow." Swedish proverb

As I read it, it occurred to me that I wanted my boys to have the kind of support network in each other that I enjoy, and the more, the better! Hence, Jared. Now, hopefully they don't behave like jerks toward each other! (I do have hope:))'


Isn't that nice?? I think this applies to friends as well, not necessarily meaning you need many, but that it would be great to have a support system within the ones you have. So, to all my buds! Share your joy and pain alike! I'm here for ya!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A sister who will fight with you is also a sister who will fight for you. The more the merrier indeed!!! :)

TheFatTubist said...

AKA, the Turner Experiment part II...