15 July 2008

This is not a post about Gerard Butler!

Okay, I've decided to take a break from posting about hot random guys and Edward-'lites' to indulge in another of my shallow interests - SHOES!! Shoes maketh the wo/man. I sternly informed Yooin of this recently when he dared to wear a pair of ill-matching shoes with his jeans. I said, 'Yooin, it doesn't matter how a guy wears his hair, what his clothes look like, or what shape he's in. Cool shoes, like sleep and time, cures all ills'. SO! In celebration of one of my life-long loves, I present some of my favourite shoes........




The architectural ones on the bottom left are called 'Moscow', and that's actual embroidery on the wedge heels and toes of the upper left ones. There's just no escaping my affection for turquoise and peacock colours!



These boots were made for dramatics....



For when I mean business....



Hmmmmm, could these possibly be my favourite flats?



But now matter what shoes I buy, they will NEVER eclipse my ultimate shoe, the pair that defines me.....the Monkey Boot.


(Me in downtown San Diego at 18 with my beloved MBs, barely shown)

Some might find my monkey boots ugly, but that's okay. My dad's surprised I still wear them and my DH dislikes them. What do I say to that? Why, I say I have a lifetime supply up in my attic :) Defiance! :shakes fists at the sky:


So anyway, these are merely a sampling of one of my favourite shallow pasttimes. Tomorrow I shall do charitable works to offset this foolishness! (and after I might take pics of more shoes :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, gee! I'm in the market for shoes... maybe you can help me decide!

Anonymous said...

Oh... and I WISH this was a post about the delectable Butler.

Hans Georg Lundahl said...

hey lass, not just fife but san diego too!

I appreciate that (I was in SD in 77 and in Scotland 78)!

ps - I ate spinach with tarama yesterday eve - who says being a bum is tasteless?

Hans Georg Lundahl said...

oh, tarama is a Greek dish made from fish eggs, unless you already knew that

~Nikki said...

LURVE THE SHOOES!!!!!!!!!! I would have a shoe fetish if my feet were not deformed and could wear any kind of shoe. I think I might have to splurge and get me some MONKEY BOOTS! :)

Anonymous said...

Those red boots are FABULOUS! You should wear them more often :)

Rachel said...

I have just fainted from jealousy!! OMG...you are living my shoe dream.